Online Sewing Class

Friday 19 April 2013

New sewing machines, quilting course in Walthamstow

Buy JL Mini Sewing Machine, Orange Online at johnlewis.com  Buy John Lewis Mini Colour Block Sewing Machine, Pink Online at johnlewis.com

I am running a ten week quilting course from Monday, locally. I am really looking forwards to it. It is a bigger class than I have ever taught before (11 people) but as it will be a workshop type class I envisage it will fun and chatty and the more the merrier!

I had all my vintage machines PAT tested for electrical safety this morning, and two failed. This left me with just 6 machines for the class. I knew some people were bringing their own but I felt I needed to have 8 machines or so to use so I bought the two cuties above...

I tend to recommend the John Lewis own brand sewing machines very highly, they are made by Janome, a very good make, they are solid, reliable and cheap. And these mini ones come in polkadots, solids and two tone colour ways, and are only £49, what's not to like? They are small so good for classes and they handle pretty well.

Whilst looking for a review of these machines (I have not used one for years) I found this lovely website fehrtrade.com which was a  nice bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment