Online Sewing Class

Thursday 24 October 2013

Mammoth quilts!

I have been working on a quilt commission for the last 6 weeks or so- not solidly, but interspersed with Open University reading, other sewing, teaching and of course, looking after my boys and myself!

Anyway I have finished it now and it is winding its way to Taunton as we speak to then be given to one very special lady for her birthday.

Here it is:













This quilt was ordered from my Etsy shop (www.etsy.com/shop/handmadebycheeky), with the main wish of the buyer that it should be colourful. I think I managed that don't you?

I have now started working on the indigo quilt again. It got sidelined as I got a bit disheartened about hand quilting it all. It was so gorgeous but so time consuming. I have now decided if I want to finish it this decade I have to compromise and machine quilt it. So I'm falling in love with this handsome quilt all over again!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Thorpe Crescent,Walthamstow,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment